This is the southernmost tip of Africa. It’s the official meeting place of the Atlantic ocean and Indian Oceans. The place of rugged beauty and natural heritage. Many national monuments are found in the area, mainly the Cape Agulhas Light House which has been in operation since 1849.
- The Southernmost Tip of Africa
- The Cape Agulhas Lighthouse – this was designed on the model of the Pharaohs of the ancient Egypt, this is the oldest working lighthouse.
- The second largest lacustrine wetlands system and the largest freshwater lake is Soetendalsvlei.
- Graveyard of ships – The Zoetendal, the Gentoo and the Doncaster are of the many shipwrecks found along the coastline.
Things to seek:
- Wildlife: 65 mammal species, 24 Reptiles Species, 15 Amphibian Species
- Birds: 230 species
- Plants/Trees: 1750 species
- Bird lovers will enjoy the large flocks on the wetlands
- Follow trails to experience the beautiful view (ask about Rasperpunt Hiking Trail)
- Explore the fynbos
- View the shipwrecks and fish traps
How to get there with your rental car from Around About Cars