Kirstenbosch is a famous botanical garden situated at the eastern foot of Table Mountain.
He ranks among the most beautiful botanical gardens of the World and with 36 hectares it is the greatest of the 9 botanical gardens in South Africa.
In 1913 the park was established and maintained since then and is constantly expanding.
The idea here is to protect and exhibit the flora of the Cape region. There are no international cultivated plants in Kirstenbosch.
Things to do/ attractions:
- conservatory with plants from different region ( savanna, fynbos, karoo)
- hiking and walking trails up to Table Mountain ( e.g. Skeleton Gorge trail)
- exhibition of Zimbabwean stone sculptures
- concerts and events during summertime
- water-wise garden
- arboretum (Baumausstellung)
- tea house
On the grounds there is also an African restaurant, which offers traditional dishes. In a unique atmosphere and magnificent scenery you can have a rest, before you continue your walk through this marvelous garden.
Rent a car at Around About Cars and make a unique excursion directly in the nature, away from busy Cape Town
How to get there:
Take the M3, which leads you directly to Kirstenbosch. (15 min drive-away from Cape Town City Centre)