Winter days in Cape Town are not as bad as their reputations: No queues at the cable car, sunshine and mild temperatures, no wind blowing like the infamous South Easter, and no traffic: That means you can enjoy driving along the streets of the Western Cape even more. So get one of the many vehicles from Around About Cars and go to spent lovely days at beaches, shopping malls, on the mountain or in museums. After whatever you will have done, to go and have a delicious dinner in one of the trendy, stylish Cape Town restaurants is simply a must. So take the chance and make most of the advantage of the cold season in South Africa! Warm dishes next to cosy fireplaces in gloomy winter weather outside. Below we have put together some of our recommendations for you, and we do mean it: Don’t stay in your hotel just because it might be raining once – go out and be stunned by food and atmospheres!
- Societi Bistro Parallel to vibrant Kloof Street, this restaurant will make you feel at home from the moment you cross the doorstep. Waiters and waitresses serve food with passion, the barmen won’t rest until they have found you the perfect drink of your choiuce. The fireplace in situated next to the bar, beforehand a warm soup in the main room, followed by hommade local spcialities will make you forget about the outside temperatures. 50 Orange Street, from 12h00 daily except Sundays, 021 424 2100
- Charcoal Dining In the heart of Cape Town, Charcoal Dining will warm your heart. Romantic candle light instead of bright modern neon lamps avcount for the homely atmosphere as well as the interioro in retro style and cosy darkish colours. And of course, that’s what we promised at the beginning: A fireplace in the middle of restaurant. Choose from the daily menue which varies but always guarantees fresh seasonal local ingrediences. Closed on Mondays, 50 New Church Street 021 422 3232
- Jackal & Hide Don’t worry: Nothing will happen to you, the waiters stay the same charming persons right up to the end of your evening. In winter, you might not make use of the broad veranda but the inside of the restaurant put in an appearance as well. Get a table nxt to the woodfire and enjoy some game dishes, the restaurants specialities, paired with garden salad, mixed fresh vegetables and a for all the ones who do not steer the rented car back to their accommodation: a good bottle of South African wineEarly birds get selected cocktails for half price (4 to 7pm). Wednesday – Saturday from 10 am, 021 424 1020
- Rick’s Café Américain Hardlz noone who woul;d not have cried over Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca – want to watch the movie again, you might be lucky by visiting Rck’s Cafe Américain. But even without this bar and restaurant is hardly beatable in fresh food, uncountable drinks, diverse guests and happy emploeyees, and three fireplaces make sure you will not freeze no matter what you wear. From 11 am Monday till Saturday, 021 424 1100
- Cascades on the Promenade Change the area, drive your arounbd About Cars vehicle to Sea Point, next to the modern stadium that hosted the final of the soccer world cup 2010. The trendy restaurant Cascades on the Promenade belongs to the boutique hotel of the same name and is made for watching people outside or the burning wood inside the fireplace. Pet- and children-friendly, you can enjoy a wide variety of lunch specials as well as sweet delicacies in the afternoon unforgettable main courses in the evenings. 11 Arthur’s Road 021 434 5979